- RSS Channel Showcase 3733950
- RSS Channel Showcase 1436197
- RSS Channel Showcase 3000011
- RSS Channel Showcase 2199584
Articles on this Page
- 01/21/10--08:21: _Sustainability Perc...
- 01/21/10--08:35: _NBA’s Golden State ...
- 01/21/10--08:53: _More Office Buildin...
- 01/21/10--23:01: _Roundup – SunEdison...
- 01/21/10--23:02: _Yahoo’s Cafeteria C...
- 01/22/10--06:27: _Seven PepsiCo UK Pl...
- 01/22/10--06:59: _Corporate America C...
- 01/22/10--07:27: _Facebook ‘Friends’ ...
- 01/22/10--07:53: _Autodesk, Sharp, It...
- 01/22/10--08:04: _‘Green Machine’ Rec...
- 01/24/10--23:01: _Roundup – Saint-Gob...
- 01/24/10--23:02: _China Expands Nucle...
- 01/25/10--05:00: _Recovery Act Offers...
- 01/25/10--06:04: _In Latest Patent Fi...
- 01/25/10--07:51: _EPA to Give Consume...
- 01/25/10--07:58: _HEI Aims High with ...
- 01/25/10--08:32: _Kohl’s Unseats Peps...
- 01/25/10--08:51: _Oakland Port Bans A...
- 01/25/10--09:08: _Minneapolis Solar B...
- 01/25/10--09:11: _Senate Wants Clean ...
- 01/21/10--08:35: NBA’s Golden State Warriors Add Solar to Practice Facility
- 01/21/10--23:02: Yahoo’s Cafeteria Chooses Sustainable Food Options
- 01/22/10--06:27: Seven PepsiCo UK Plants Cease Sending Waste to Landfills
- 01/22/10--06:59: Corporate America Clamors for Climate Bill Action
- 01/22/10--07:27: Facebook ‘Friends’ Energy Efficiency in New Data Center
- 01/22/10--07:53: Autodesk, Sharp, Itron, Henkel Among 10 ‘Greenest’ Public Companies
- 01/24/10--23:02: China Expands Nuclear Generation Capability
- 01/25/10--05:00: Recovery Act Offers Support for the Alternative Energy Industry
- 01/25/10--06:04: In Latest Patent Filing, Apple Previews Solar iPod
- 01/25/10--07:51: EPA to Give Consumers more Access to Chemical Risk Information
- 01/25/10--07:58: HEI Aims High with $6.5M Hotel Energy Management Program
- 01/25/10--08:51: Oakland Port Bans Aging, Emissions-Belching Trucks
- 01/25/10--09:11: Senate Wants Clean Energy, Solar in Jobs Bill
A new consumer study reveals that there is still a gap between real and perceived sustainability action by top North American brands including Kraft, General Mills, Kellogg, Groupe Danone, Nike, Gap, P&G, L’Oreal, Microsoft and Amazon.com. The study, conducted by Climate Counts and Angus Reid, includes measurements on climate change action being undertaken by more […]
The Golden State Warriors of the NBA will use a 143 kilowatt solar array to help power a practice facility. The Warriors join the Phoenix Suns, whose home arena, US Airways Center, is powered by a 194-kilowatt solar system. The Warriors’ system is projected to provide up to 26 percent of the downtown Oakland facility’s […]
From federal office buildings and corporate offices to bottling plants and airport terminals, businesses are implementing a variety of energy-efficient projects that run the gamut from standard energy conservation measures such as turning off lights and electronics not in use to unique “living walls.” As an example, the 18-story Edith Green-Wendell Wyatt Federal Building, in […]
SunEdison and Developers Diversified Realty Celebrate the Activation of National Rooftop Solar Program BusinessWire Carriers Propose Vessel Emission Standards JOC Water use continues to fall at POET plants Poet PwC: packaging sector needs more consensus on sustainability PackagingNews The Future of Energy Part One — Emissions Regulation: A New Era Dawns Industry Week FDA On […]
A tour of Yahoo’s kitchen and the sustainable options food management company Bon Appetit has implemented. Innovations include locally farmed food options, a low carbon diet calculator that measures your food intake against your carbon footprint, and a food dehydrator that converts excess food scraps into mulch.
Now that PepsiCo’s largest plant in the UK has reduced its landfill-bound waste to zero, the company can boast seven plants that are not sending waste to landfills. The Walkers factory in Leicester, which makes potato chips and other snacks, reduced its landfill-bound waste from 32.3 tons a month at the beginning of 2008 to […]
Two corporate groups are turning up the heat on the government, calling for clear action on climate legislation. One group has sent a letter to Congress and President Obama, the other has taken out an ad in a leading newspaper. A group of companies took out a full page ad in the Wall Street Journal […]
Facebook is making a priority of energy efficiency at its forthcoming data center. The Prineville, Ore., data center will feature an evaporative cooling system, which Facebook says uses less energy than traditional chiller-style systems. Prineville has a dry climate, reports OregonLive. An “airside economizer” brings cool air in from the outside, while heat generated by […]
After a review of more than 2,000 companies, mutual fund Portfolio 21 has identified what it considers to be the 10 greenest publicly traded companies in the world, according to a press release. Here’s a look at the list (in alphabetical order). Autodesk – This developer of software that facilitates sustainable building practices earned kudos […]
The practice of hydraulic drilling – which has caused PR tremors for ExxonMobil and XTO Energy – contaminates close to 4 billion gallons of water during drilling per day industrywide, says HBC Systems. This practice, also known as fracturing or “fracking” to access gas shale deposits, drove HBC to develop an environmentally-friendly water reclamation process that […]
Glass and Cement Makers Settle With E.P.A. NY Times Government-wide emissions target coming soon, White House official says The Hill Entergy Announces Purchase of 100,000 Tons of CO2 Emission Offsets PR Newswire Catalyst Paper indefinitely closes B.C. recycled newsprint plants The Vancouver Sun Ecologic Sustainable Milk Container Debuts with Straus Family Creamery Organic Milk Sustainable […]
Bloomberg’s Stephen Engle reports on China’s expansion of its nuclear power generation capabilities. China’s growing economy, which last year expanded at the fastest pace since 2007, means increasing power demand, and the government is seeking to cut carbon-dioxide emissions by investing in alternative energy including wind, solar, and nuclear power.
The eyes of some entrepreneurs likely grew wider when the dollar amount tied to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (“ARRA” or “the Recovery Act”) was announced in February – $787 billion is certainly an impressive figure. So, too, is the sizeable amount that is designated for the development of renewable energy, clean […]
In a move that may revolutionize the personal electronics industry, Apple has filed a patent for transparent solar cells for devices such as the iPod. The solar panels, covering a portion of the front or back of the devices, would allow the media players to operate mostly using power from the sun, reports Patently Apple. […]
Under a new policy, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is rejecting a confidentiality claim, known as Confidential Business Information (CBI) on the identity of chemicals, which will increase the public’s access to information on chemicals. The impacted chemicals are those that are submitted to the EPA with studies that show a substantial risk to […]
HEI Hotels & Resorts has invested more than $6.5 million in energy management programs at its hotels and resorts in the U.S. since 2005, helping the private owner/operator of hotel real estate to earn the Corporate Energy Management award from the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE). In other hotel news, Seaport Hotel implements EnerNOC’s CarbonTrack […]
Kohl’s, which had occupied the No. 3 spot for purchasing renewable energy on the EPA’s Green Power Partnership, has vaulted over PepsiCo to occupy the No. 2 spot, according to the latest figures of the top 50 players. Intel retained its spot as the No. 1 renewable energy purchaser, with 1.433 billion kWh annually, up […]
The Port of Oakland has begun its ban on trucks with pre-1994 engines. The ban also applies to trucks with 1994-2003 diesel engines that have not yet been modified to comply with California Air Resources Board Level 3 diesel particulate filters, reports FleetOwner. The first day of the ban resulted in 8 percent of trucks […]
The Minneapolis Convention Center would get about 5 percent of its power from a 600-kilowatt rooftop solar array that is nearing final approval at City Hall, reports the Minneapolis Star Tribune. A City Council panel voted on Jan. 21 that Best Power get the project. The full council takes up the matter Jan. 29. The […]
With comprehensive climate legislation on hold, Senate Environment and Public Works subcommittee will focus on clean energy job opportunities at an upcoming hearing as President Obama calls on Congress to pass a jobs bill that puts more Americans to work, reports the New York Times. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), chairman of the Green Jobs and […]